Hearing plays a major role in our quality of life, from our emotional well-being and physical health to our careers and leisure activities.
The Hearing Industries Association (HIA),recently created an awareness campaign in partnership with HLAA, AAA, ADA, and HIS called Hear Well. Stay Vital.
The campaign goal is to proactively encourage people to get their hearing tested and incorporate a hearing wellness check into their annual series of wellness check-ups. Like other public health campaigns, the goal is to change behavior over time so that hearing wellness becomes as routine as other annual checkups.
Some key topics provided on the campaign website:
- Good hearing health affects emotional & physical health
- 8 out of 10 people say hearing aids have improved their quality of life
- 1 in 14 Gen-Xers (ages 29-40) already have hearing loss
- Inner-ear hair cells need to be protected from excessive noise
- People with hearing loss have 50% more accidental injuries
- 1 in 5 American teenagers now suffer from some type of hearing loss
- Adults with hearing loss are up to 5 times more likely to develop dementia
- Hearing loss is linked to a 3x greater risk of falling
- 65% of people with hearing loss are under 65 years old
- Annual hearing screenings are pain-free and easy
Join the Hear Well. Stay Vital.initiative today by scheduling a hearing wellness check with us at SoundLogic. The hearing test itself is a simple 20 minute test and you will have your results before you go home. Most comprehensive hearing tests include a minimum of five basic components: questions about your hearing and general health, an otoscopic exam, tympanometry, a pure tone test, and speech testing.